Tuesday, September 20, 2005

the parents...

I was contemplating on this a few days ago when i was visiting the parents. I wrote this to my sisters when i returned back home...

If you have ever wondered where we get our strengths and weakness from, I think I have figured it out. I was with mommy and daddy last night and it was just really weird. Maybe it's the personal space I am finding myself in but it was just a really nice experience. Anyway, I was talking to mommy...I love having these type of conversations with her because she vents and I learn so much about her...and she was telling me that she has been worried about her sisters, tia N and tia M, mostly their mental status. She was talking about how THEY were doing and blah blah blah. So then I asked her "mommy, y usted como se siente mentalmente?" her answer was "yo me siento bien, no me dan ganas de llorar, los tengo a todos conmigo, tu papa me hace enojar pero eso se pasa" at that point i gave her a hug and told her "se siente haci porque sabe que la queremos mucho?" and she just smiled and hugged me back. Where am I going with all of this? Yesterday I learned that we are strong women because of my mother. I know that you probably already knew this but I also realized that we get our sensativitiness from daddy. He is the most sensitive man I have ever met. It is weird because ALL of us grew up being afraid of the man and yet he is waaaay more sensitive than mommy. Our brothers are not the strong men they (think they) are because daddy was their male role model but rather they are strong because of mommy. I've ALWAYS known mommy was a strong woman but after our conversation yesterday, I've realized how strong she is. Not only because she took so much abuse from daddy or from some of her daughters and sons but because mentally she has ALWAYS dealt with things. The most awesome part of all this is that she didn't have to go to school or see a therapist for her to realize what was going on with her or the one's she loves. so the next time you find yourselves in a jam and come out of it o.k. know that you came out of it o.k. because of mommy. and when you find yourself crying and overwhelmed know that that is daddy crying and feeling overwhelmed and EVERYTHING will be o.k. because we are fortunate enough to have the best of both worlds...MOMMY AND DADDY

me :-)

No comments: