Tuesday, May 23, 2006

weekend report...

so my weekend went okay...i hung out with pokey reese and his dad. we rode our bikes down the lakeshore path. i had dinner with fluffy, we went to the handle bar...awsome food!!!! sunday i went to my older sisters and then left because dork stopped by and well i felt uncomfortable with her not acknowledging that i was in the room...gotta love her. it hurts the hell out of me but really she's the one that is choosing not to talk to me. okay enough of that!! lets get to the juicy part...

Yesterday, i went to a work event...taste for every palate. it's like a mini inside version of taste of chicago. i ate all kinds of foods from t's restaurant, adobo grill, francesca...the list goes on, and all the wine i could drink!! no i didn't get drunk, it WAS a work event and i REFUSE to get drunk when i'm around co-workers!!! anywho, while i was there i kept checking people out!!! my fellow bloggers is this normal?!??!?! i mean i do have a boyfriend. i don't ever remember checking out anybody when i was with the ex!!! why am i doing it now?!?!? i do have a confession...i don't think i have ever mentioned the fact that i like girls too. this a comment i posted on Lady K's blog..

GGIIIRRRRLLLLLL, i know exactly what you mean!!! i do consider myself bi but prefer men. I don't tell alot of people that because i always end up getting the "you're just confused" speech. I'm really not confused!!AT LEAST NOT ABOUT MY SEXUALITY!! now ask me about anything else and i just might say "yes i'm totally confused about that!!" i've had girlfriends...great girlfriends and not so great girlfriends...and yes my current boyfriend, fluffy, knows about this and seems to be okay with it. Anywho, i just never really think about it, that's who i am and that's who i will continue to be. i won't just blurt it out but if i were to be asked i wouldn't deny it...again i have gotten "the speech" waaaaay too many times that it has become insulting at times so i just try to avoid it...the speech not me being bi ;-)

And so that's why i don't talk about it...anyway back to yesterdays event. well the thing is that there were alot of very nice looking women and i kept checking them out!!! what is that about?!??! i really like my fluffy and well he has provided everything for me ;-) there are days in which i can't wait to see him to hug him and kiss him!! anywho, last night i got home and i was feeling very very guilty...i felt like i had cheated on the guy. i'm pretty sure that the people who have given me "the speech" will most likely be telling me something about me coming to terms with me being a lesbian...hmm? yeah no, i enjoy men waaaay too much to just stick to women!!! as i mentioned before i very much enjoy my fluffman!!! so it normal for me to check out other individuals while i'm dating fluffy?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

sonrisa, everyone enjoys eye candy. now acting on it, is a completely different story. so to answer your question, i think its normal. and...(insert evil laugh) are you like freaking out b/c you let the cat out of the bag? its ok don't, we already knew. yeah, santis told us. he sold out for a cafe azteca. ;) no, really he didn't. i think that its okay and folks that cannot accept you as you are, are not worth keeping around.

Joel said...

I think you have the Moe Greene syndrome... btw you are the perfect woman.

Joel said...

I want to point out that- if "checking someone out" is ever determined to be cheating then Santiago and I are both in SERIOUS trouble.

Santiago said...

blah,ble, blah ble blah. (screeching to a halt)what you are into girls? I am with DC on this you are perfect. I just fell in love with you all over again. Good lord!!! Dc is also right about the looking part. I mean SERIOUSLY I am so going to hell for that one.

Coco said...

there is nothing wrong with admiring someone of the same sex...
beauty is beauty!
the human body, no matter what sex,
is a work of art and love.

NO TE MENOSPRECIES!!

always be honest with yourself-
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF!
LOVE YOURSELF!

un fuerte y caluroso abrazo.
cuidate!

Coco said...

there is nothing wrong with admiring someone of the same sex...
beauty is beauty!
the human body, no matter what sex,
is a work of art and love.

NO TE MENOSPRECIES!!

always be honest with yourself-
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF!
LOVE YOURSELF!

un fuerte y caluroso abrazo.
cuidate!

sonrisa morena said...

cc, you once again have become the greatest person ever in my book!!! thanks ;-)

dcn, hmmm? are you telling me that moe greene has actually slept with men? AND thanks for the compliment;-)..i don't believe in perfection but i will most certainly take your compliment!!!

santis, you knew about it!!! don't act all surprise!!! AND you and dcn ARE going to hell!! hehehehehe

marie, i've never really checked out somebody when i've seriously dated someone so me doing it was freakin' me out...but i guess it's normal. i mean i've seen my friends do it all the time and i've always wondered "why would you look at someone else if you have a signifiant other" but like cc said it's okay as long as you don't act on it.

coco, thank you so much!! i loved every word you wrote!! i must admit though that i have lost a few so called friends after i told them about me..like cc said, individuals who are not worth keeping around.

Mariposatomica said...

I think it takes great courage to be who you truly are. It doesn't matter if you like both genders as long they respect you and their intentions are good. I'm embarrassed to say that DC Nat, Santiago and I are burning to a crisp for looking. My only defense is I'm human...