Monday, August 15, 2005

good deed of the day...

i started dogsitting for new clients this weekend. the dogs are the cutest little puggs ever...lucy and albert!! but oh my god are they a handful!! lucy is the hyper one, "play with me!! i want to play!! now!! play with me!!" is what she would probably be saying if she could talk. Albert on the hand is more like "i'm too cool to be playing with you!! leave me alone!! let me be!!" AND yet keeps pushing lucy away so lucy thinks he is actually playing with her. Anyway, yesterday afternoon as i was walking them i found a cell phone. So i started thinking about what to do with it, who am i going to give it to? could i use another cell phone? all these thoughts were going through my head. it's a really nice cell phone too, esos con camara y todo la cosa. i'm way home this morning...back to kamichito, oh how i missed him!!...i kept thinking about what to do about this cell phone. so when i got home, i saw that "papa" had called all night, it got me thinking about my daddy and how worried he would get if i kept not picking up his phone calls. so the overly cautious person that i am i decided to call "papa" from work. I didn't want to call from my home phone or my cell phone...you just never know. So i called and an answering machine picked up and said "you have reached Frank please leave a message and i will get back to you" so i did. I said "hi Frank my name is sonrisa, i am calling regarding a lost cell phone. i found it yesterday afternoon at the corner of greenleaf and ashland and noticed that you have called a few times so i was just wondering if maybe you would like to notify the owner that he or she could contact me at work so that he or she could come and pick it up". Within half an hour Frank called and told me that it was his daughters phone and she had indeed lost it yesterday. He told me that he appreciated me calling him and that he was actually surprised because there aren't many people that would have called to return the cell phone. He is too come and pick up the cell phone this afternoon. I'm feeling pretty good at the moment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like you had an amelie moment.

Santiago said...

im glad u called dad to get his daughters cell phone. i know i would have kept. ok...maybe not i had a similar incident at great america. it did feel good to be good.