Wednesday, November 07, 2007

strong individuals....

it was around this time last year that my brother in law started to get sick. i was talking to dork last night and i was telling her that i hate that no one around me seems to understand the pain i'm going through...especially rico suave. i don't expect them to cry with me or be depressed but at least acknowledge that i'm going through something. i know i know, i'm being selfish. last night i HAD to call dork because i didn't know what else to do. after talking to her i started thinking about all the people that had lost someone close and dear to them. i admire all of you because like dork said "we all have to put on our strong faces when we go out . in the world". AND i've come to realize that its sooo freakin' difficult!!!! i truelly admire all of you!!!

i cant help but be angry though!!!!

I hate it that he isn't with us!!!!! i hate that i can't talk to him or tell him my crazy adventures!! i know he would have gotten a kick out of seeing rico suave and me dressed up for halloween. he would love kachito always getting out of my apartment just to end up upstairs. he would have made my friends laugh this weekend by trying to speak english. i miss him telling me "tu estes bien loca gorda!!!" or "que vida la de la gorda" when i'm being silly.

this weekend's my nephews 19th birthday...his son....and i just keep thinking about last year....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

maybe rico suave does understand but doesn't know how to convey that to you? and if he never comes around, well there's always santis.

Enemy of the Republic said...

I've been wondering how you were. A close person to me died in the spring and I don't know how I will get through the holidays. You are not alone, friend.

Joel said...

i agree with la chancla divina... it's not always easy to find the right thing to say when a friend is feeling depressed- and I know that you don't really need to say anything, just listen and undertsand- but sometimes, for me at least, it's easier to crack a joke.

Coco said...

they will always be missed!!

but their love will continue to protect and bless us : )
of that i am sure!!

un fuerte y caluroso abrazo.
bendiciones.

hmmm...rico suave doesn't understand your pain?! que clase de "amigo" es? OR is it that you want "more" from him? OK...it's none of my business. PERO ten cuidado!!