Thursday, May 14, 2009

might as well go to La Fogata...

I went to the Mexican Fine Arts Museum for the Sor Juana event. I will not get into detail about the event because this is not what I want to focus on. What I do want to focus on is what happen before the event. My friend L and I were debating where we should go have dinner before the event. I suggested three places: Cebollitas, La Fogata, and Nuevo Leon. We both have been to Nuevo Leon but neither one of us was too crazy about it BUT...big huuuuge B.U.T...we wanted to have some drinks. We were both under the impression that Nuevo Leon sold alcohol so we figured lets sacrifice ourselves for a margarita. We get to the restaurant and I'm getting the "no alcohol" vibe. I ask the waitress, "venden bebidas alcolicas (sp?) aqui" and she says no. L and I look at each other and start laughing. Without saying a word we get up and leave the restaurant. As we were walking back to Ashland I say "might as well have some good food since they sold no alcohol" therefore we went to La Fogata!!! We were laughing our way to the restaurant...btw, it has AMAZING food!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

fogata has a great carne asada salad. i know it sounds like an oxymoron but its good. and cebollita is byob, you can get your alcohol at the liquor store you passed up on your way to fogata from nuevo leon.